15 Quotes on Love that will Speak To You.


Right now, I am listening to Iwo nikan (You alone) by Aramide, a Nigerian female singer. And she so put me in the "butterfly-in-the-stomach" mode.

And I started to think of my crush. Lol. Yes, I have a crush. Or rather I have a number of people I deeply love whether romantically in a platonic way or familial. I love my family, ALL OF MY FRIENDS, and almost everyone. So far you're human. I love you. So, the song got me thinking about love and its many forms. Even though the song is purely a romantic song. A very romantic Yoruba-English worded song.

So, I decided I should write on love. Or I should get other people thinking of love too just like I am right now. So, I went searching for powerful love quotes to share and voila! Below are some:


1. On Romantic Love:
      " You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams"
 ~ Dr Seuss

2. On Friendship:
    "A friend is someone who knows all about you and STILL loves you"
~ Elbert Hubbard

3. On Love for Self:
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you're not."
~ André Gide

4. On Marriage:
   "When two becomes as one, the bond is there to stay. Then think of when that bond joins more, it blows away the mind that can conceive hate."
~ Lara George

5. On being in Love:
    "Have you ever being in love?
    Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get INSIDE YOU and mess you up."
~ Neil Gaiman


6. On Falling in love:
     "There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heart beat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment"
~ Sarah Dessen

7. On being loved and loving someone:
   " Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage"
~ Lao Tzu

8. On loving someone: 
" You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not"
~ Jodi Picoult

9. On Falling in love:
   "We're all a little weird. And Life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it love - True love."
~ Robert Fulghum

10. On Friendship:
    " There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
 ~ Jane Austen

11. On Love:
    " This was love: a string of coincidences that gathered significance and became miracles."
~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

12. On chasing Love:
     " I'm chasing you, I'm going to chase you until you give this a chance."
 ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

13. On what love is:
     " Is love this misguided need to have you beside me most of the time? Is love this safety I feel in our silences? Is it this belonging, this completeness?
 ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

14. On self love:
 " There are people who dislike you because you do not dislike yourself."
    ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

15. On love:
   " Love is the most important.
     The most necessary human emotion. Not just romantic love. LOVE. The ability of human beings to CONNECT."
   ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie


 Knowing you are loved by someone or a group of people, say family, can feel very fulfilling. It gives you courage. It raises your esteem level. It makes you overall happier.
While Loving someone is equally very important. Whether romantically, in a familial way or through the many other ways of loving someone. It is right to say that the greatest gift you can give someone is to LOVE the person. Even if they wouldn't and don't know it. Try your best to love everyone you come across. Yes, it can seem difficult because oh... Some people can be annoying. I get it.
But the world is in the mess it is in because of lack of mutual love.
We really are on earth to spread LOVE.
Cheers to spreading L-O-V-E!

Comments

  1. #2 "A friend is someone who knows all about you and STILL loves you" I love this one. It's so true and so important to be a friend on both ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite " Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Very inspiring and true, thanks for sharing this write up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog design. And then your writing style is cool and unique. Post is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good quote. These are so good. Keep spreading the love it is contagious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you're not." This one is the best among all. Amazing quotes to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quotes! I do love a good quote and I have not heard of many of these. The Jodi Picoult one is a personal favourite, I love her books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post. I love the quotes you included in the list especially number 7 "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage". It is pretty spot on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been in love but I do love my friends and family. I find it remarkable how they can love me sometimes when I am being a nutter LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have also googled quotes like this! my ultimate favourite is this one that you have included:
    10. On Friendship:
        " There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
     ~ Jane Austen

    Jane Austen is my hero! I agree with you, more people should live by love rather than hate. it wont solve the worlds problems but it sure will make it more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that my favorite of the two are by Dr. Seuss and Jane Austen. You don't love well when you love in part. And I love the fact that reality being better than your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "A friend is someone who knows all about you and STILL loves you" - I love that quote! I love the idea about sharing some great quotes with us! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. These quotes are all so meaningful and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. all these quotes are nicely written, well said and i can relate to alot of them, Love is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I fall in love with every quotes !! Indeed spread love even if you are Skeleton :D !! Opening picture is total appealing to me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful and meaningful quotes. I love #3, "It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not." You just have to be true to anyone especially to yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you are not.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww .. too sweet. The quotes about love are wonderful! My favorite is from Dr. Seuss " You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" He always managed to capture the moment beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what beautiful quotes! I was nodding along when reading in agreement with so many of these. Love is so incredibly powerful - surely the most powerful force on our planet. Great uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All gorgeous and positive quotes! For me, my favourite has to be quote 3 on self love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the quotes you shared especially this "A friend is someone who knows all about you and STILL loves you"~ Elbert Hubbard
    This is true, for me, because I have friends who have been with me through and through. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Whatcha Say?

Popular Posts